THINGS TO SEE AND DO AROUND CASS LAKE
Cass Lake may be known for its abundance of walleye, musky, largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie and perch but there are many things to do in and around the Cass Lake area.
- Chippewa National Forest - Hike or bike on the new paved bike trails.
- Lake Windigo - the only lake inside a lake in the country located inside Star Island.
- Star Island - The largest of the 4 islands on Cass Lake, it is named for its star shape.
- Itasca State Park - Minnesota's oldest national park. Over 32,000 acres with more than 100 lakes. Hike the park, fish, picnic and enjoy the scenery.
- Bemidji - Located a short distance from Cass Lake, Bemidji has two parts. The old section is home to many quaint shops, restaurants, and a small theater. The newer section is home to a mall, Walmart, Target, McDonalds, a movie theater, and other restuarants.
- Walker - A small town located on the shore of Leech Lake. It has unique gift shops and a small town atmosphere. Be sure to visit the sporting goods store Reeds while you are in town.
- Forestedge Winery - Located in Laporte, MN, specializing in wines made from fruit and berries.
- Palace Casino & Northern Lights Casino - both are located close by.
- Iron Ore Mine Tours - Located just outside of Tower, MN in Soudan, MN about 1-1/2 hours from Cass Lake.
- Activities - Golf courses close by, ATV Trails, Snowmobile Trails, Hunting, Cross Country and Downhill Skiing